SafAle BE-134 (Saison) x 11.5g
Fermentis SafAle™ BE-134 is the obvious choice for highly attenuated beers with phenolic character such as Belgian-Saison style. → Produces highly refreshing and drinkable beers. → Offers fruity aromas and spicy character such as clove notes. The SafAle™ BE-134 is a Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus and is characterized by a particularly high attenuation. This typical yeast strain is recommended for Belgian Saison-style beers. It gives fruity aromas with a slight spicy character (POF+) such as clove notes. This strain will bring highly refreshing and drinkable beers.
- Available in 11.5g sachets
- ideally 18-28°C (64.4-82.4°F).
- 45 ppm at 13.5°P at 20°C in EBC tubes
TOTAL SUPERIOR ALCOHOLS
- 180 ppm at 13.5°P at 20°C in EBC tubes
- 0 g/l*
*0g maltotriose/L corresponding to an apparent attenuation of 90%
Pitching rate instructions:
- 50 to 80 g/hl (10g - 16g per 20L)
- Sprinkle the yeast in minimum 10 times its weight of sterile water or wort at 25 to 29°C (77°F to 84°F).
- Leave to rest 15 to 30 minutes.
- Gently stir for 30 minutes, and pitch the resultant cream into the fermentation vessel.
- Pitch the yeast directly in the fermentation vessel providing the temperature of the wort is above 20°C (68°F). Progressively sprinkle the dry yeast into the wort ensuring the yeast covers all the surface of wort available in order to avoid clumps.
- Leave for 30 minutes, then mix the wort using aeration or by wort addition.
Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus), emulsifier E491
- % dry weight: 94.0 – 96.5
- Viable cells at packaging: > 6 x 109 /g
- Total bacteria*: < 5 / ml
- Acetic acid bacteria*: < 1 / ml
- Lactobacillus*: < 1 / ml
- Pediococcus*: < 1 / ml
- Wild yeast non Saccharomyces*: < 1 / ml
- Pathogenic micro-organisms: in accordance with regulation
*when dry yeast is pitched at 100 g/hl i.e. > 6 x 106 viable cells / ml
During transport: The product can be transported and stored at room temperature for periods of time not exceeding 3 months without affecting its performance. At final destination: Store in cool (< 10°C/50°F), dry conditions.
36 months from production date. Refer to best before end date printed on the sachet. Opened sachets must be sealed and stored at 4°C (39°F) and used within 7 days of opening. Do not use soft or damaged sachets.